Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pegging the Stress Meter

The old Stress O' Meter is pegging big time right now. So much to do, so little time. Selling the house is probably the biggest headache right now...we might rent it out, but if we can swing it, we really want to sell it. I really don't see us coming back to Norfolk if we have a choice...it's been a fun 4 years, but there are a lot of things I don't like about this place.

My old roommate, Matt, is coming up from North Carolina this weekend to take the PT Cruiser (1 car down...1 to go...), and to help me get the house presentable. I know there are a few repairs and cosmetic issues that need to be fixed, so I'm getting his opinion on how to take care of it. That, and he and Eddie damn well better fix my shed door, since THEY are the ones that shot it full of paintball holes a few years ago (ah, memories).

Been going through and deciding what furniture to keep and what to get rid of. It's kind of weird looking at furniture I've had for the last few years and thinking about getting rid of it. Maybe I'm just weirdly sentimental. The couch is the one we've watched countless movies on. The dining room table was our first actual furniture purchase, our first NEW piece of furniture. They're both definitely ready for the afterlife, but it's still kind of weird. I told you I'm sentimental.

I've been thinking a lot about what I'm going to do while we're in Okinawa. Jobs are somewhat limited, but there are some university programs on base. I might finish my bachelor's degree while we're there. I still REALLY want to go to massage school, but I'm not having much luck finding any such program in Okinawa. But who knows? Once I'm there, maybe I'll find a place to learn Shiatsu massage...or even just a Shiatsu master that will let me pick their brain.

Aside from work/school, I haven't given much thought to life in Okinawa. Right now, I'm just so stressed about GETTING there, that my brain isn't ready to think about BEING there.

So that's about it. I'm pretty much going to go grey between now and October.

No comments:

Post a Comment