Saturday, September 20, 2008

Movie Stars Gone Emo

After much discussion with Ms Papercuts about the sexiness of men wearing eyeliner, I found myself with three very dangerous things:

1. Photoshop.
2. Time on my hands.
3. Pictures of various celebrities.

I decided to see what a few celebs looked like if they went goth. Or at the very least, "emo-lite", a phrase I credit Ms Papercuts with coining. Please note that I obviously do not own the copyrights to any of these photos, and can't remember fuck all as far as where I got them, so no copyright violation is intended. Here are the results:

Joaquin Phoenix turned out looking more like a vampire or a zombie...perhaps I should have made him sparkle :

King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn (aka Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Natalie Dormer of Showtime's "The Tudors") add a bit of a Renaissance Flaire to emo-lite. I thought Natalie turned out halfway decent, but Mr Meyers looks more like a drag queen:
Angelina Jolie came out looking like a smexy vamp:


And James McAvoy went full on, heavy makeup Goth, mostly because he had just the pissed-off, "look how emo I am" expression on his face:

So there you have it. Some of my favorite celebs turned Goth and/or emo-lite.

Of course...none of them pull it off quite as well as Jared Leto:


1 comment:

  1. I'm still rather taken with Natalie Dormer's cleavage and you're right...JRM DOES look a bit weird there, but he's already painted his face for a movie role so he's probably used to it!

    Angelina looks hot too but it would be more of a shock if she DIDN'T. She's like the female equivalent of Jared. Impossible for them to look bad.

    ReplyDelete