Tuesday, September 23, 2008


Apparently the staff at Denny's read my blog, because none of them disturbed me while I was writing there last night.

I managed to make some progress on "Fit for a King", salvaging a few scenes from a previous version and adding one new scene. It's interesting that titles are suddenly coming to me now. "Fit for a King" and "Sins of the Father" have both had working titles forever -- since 2004 and 1997, respectively -- but nothing has ever really fit. Then in the last week, both decided on their titles. Hooray!

In other news, as I'm sure you've noticed, I've changed the layout of my blog (with many thanks to Ms Papercuts, since I am HTML-retarded). The 3-column layout will allow me to add all kinds of funky stuff to the sides of the screen. Hooray! In exchange for Ms Papercuts' HTML expertise, I created a new banner for her blog. I think it's a fair trade. :D

It's kind of surprising that spending a lot of time on IM and blogging has not impeded on my writing, but rather it has made me more productive. Probably because chatting constantly with another writer -- and we are eerily like-minded -- gets the gears turning in my head. Well, and I suppose the frequent "WRITE! (angry face)" messages are good for motivation. :D

Alright, back to writing, then I'm going to sand the pawprints out of my last coat of polyurethane and put another coat in the living room. Next cat that walks through it is getting dipped in poly.

No comments:

Post a Comment