Monday, December 15, 2008

Our Anniversary in Akuma - PICS!

We had an awesome time. The little cabin (complete with a private beach) was totally badass, and because it is SO removed from the rest of the resort, and off on a little narrow path/road, they required us to use a golf cart to get around instead of the car. THAT was fun. :D Here's the cabin (and our golf cart!):

Viewed again, this time from the beach:
That's right, bitchez...iz our beach, no can haz!
Also viewed from the deck, a sunbeam...

It was cold and windy, so we bought sweatshirts and weathered it so we could take pics and hang out on the beach. Then we rented "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and laughed hysterically for 2 hours. Eddie finally understands the significance of the number 42 in my e-mail address. :D
Then Eddie went back to the resort to bring us dinner. He brought a filet minon, lobster tail, and calamari for himself...and a cheeseburger for me. Wait...WTF?*

At one point, Eddie thought it would be funny to jump out and scare me when I came out of the bathroom. When he came out of the bathroom himself a bit later, he fully expected me to do the same. What he didn't expect was a full glass of cold water in the face instead. :D
Eddie being all photographerlike:
The view from the dck
Yes, the water really is that blue...
The other side of the private beach. Note the scenic overlook on the upper right...

Look! Stairs! Leading to the aforementioned scenic overlook...
Eddie, scenic overlooking...
The East China Sea from the scenic overlook...
I don't even know how many shots I took trying to time this one, but I finally got it:
So there you have it. A weekend on the beach. They are truly going to have to drag me off of this island when our time here is up...

* I ordered a cheeseburger...it was just funny to see all of that on his plate and a cheeseburger on mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment