Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunburned...in January.

It's Sunday in Japan, so naturally, we were out taking pictures and causing trouble again. Emphasis on Sunday this time...my God, it was toasty. We both got a bit sunburned, but that's okay...in a few months I will have cooked from "zombie white" to "Scandinavian bronze". Given a few more years, I might even bake to a golden "Xerox paper" color.

On to the pictures...

Emerald Beach, on the South China Sea:
God I love this place: (this is on the Pacific side of the island)
The infamous cone snail - yes, this is the poisonous snail I've mentioned a few times: (I don't know what caused him to have a colossal tantrum and pull himself out of his shell and start thrashing around, but I don't question snails, I just take pictures of them...)

Still don't believe they're poisonous?
THE SUN! AND PALM TREES!! AND WATER!!!
This shot gives me vertigo...
For some reason, I was shooting into the sun a lot today. Don't know why. Probably because it was so cool to SEE the sun, I had to record it for posterity. And for my friends in Seattle, Virginia, and Scotland who likely haven't seen such a thing in a while, and might be doubting that it still exists.

No idea who they are, but this shot caught my eye...
Now, when you see a breakwater getting slapped by waves, looking like it might be just a little bit dangerous to climb on, what's the most logical thing to do? Climb on it, of course...
Lead me not into temptation, for I know the way myself...
No swimming? Pfft. What could go wrong?
ZOMG! MAH HEAD!! MAH HEAD! WHAT HAPPENED TO MAH HEAD??? (I swear on everything that's holy and a few things that aren't - that picture is NOT doctored AT ALL):

And last but not least...just WTF is this thing??? It's about 1.5" long, moves like a sea turtle (but it didn't LOOK like a baby sea turtle, as far as I could tell), and it's squishy when you touch it. It's very much alive, too:
Another day in Japanistansylvania. Hell yeah.

1 comment:

  1. THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A JELLY FISH AND A TURTLE DEFY THE LAWS OF NATURE AND GET THEIR FREAK ON

    ReplyDelete