Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wandering into uncharted territory.

So Rules of Engagement is moving along at a decent clip...just under 19,000 words in three days. I'm thrilled with how the story is going, the characters are cooperating (even surprising me now and then with little tidbits from their pasts...such as a Ph.D. that I was unaware of, and some heinous acts of an ex-spouse), and all in all, it's working very well.

And...I might as well just say it...

It's a romance.

It's a sexy romance.

And there are no female main characters.

Do the math, folks.

Okay, all juvenile tittering and snickering aside, yes, I really am writing a gay romance. Why? Because the characters who were whispering their insanities into my ear demanded it to be so, and they won't let me sleep until I write it. Naturally, this kind of thing is not everyone's cup of tea. Never really thought it was my cup of tea, but...here we are.

So there you have it: I've crossed into this uncharted territory, and we'll see what happens.

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. Lori, you do NOT write gay romance.

    You write FREAKING HAWT AS ALL HELL gay romance.

    Please edit you post accordingly.

    Your number 2 fan (behind Scarlet) (Snerk)
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having read some chapters of the aforementioned work-in-progress, I feel able to say...

    GERRONWI' GERRIN' IT WRIT!

    I'm a (mostly) het woman and I still say this novel needs to be finished and soon!

    ReplyDelete