Monday, May 25, 2009

All Things Writerly.

Okay, so now that I can breathe properly, I can form a coherent blog.

Between Brothers has been picked up for publication by Carnal Passions, which is an imprint of Champagne Books. I'm not 100% certain of the release date yet, but it sounds like it will be this summer. YAY! I will be publishing it under the pseudonym Lauren Gallagher, simply to avoid confusion among readers...Romances will be under one name, erotic fiction under another. I'll likely use a different name for any other genre I eventually publish in as well.

Now, since I am publishing Between Brothers under a pseudonym, I started a separate professional blog for that name (which brings me to 3 blogs...yay...). Click the banner below to go to my new blog (which is still under construction, so it's just thrown together at the moment):

Updates about the book will be posted on both blogs.

I'm waiting to hear back from the editor about any changes that need to be made to the manuscript, so it will, naturally, be my top priority when I hear from her.

In the meantime, my plate is, as always, FULL. Here's a brief update:
  1. Camera Shy - Should be hearing back on this one any day now. It'll either be a request for revisions, request for a full manuscript, or rejection.
  2. Luke Boydston's Baby - The editor has until June 30 to get back to me, so it's not a high priority at the moment.
  3. With The Band - About to undergo the massive overhaul/facelift that Camera Shy and Luke Boydston's Baby endured, then I'm going to start submitting the hell out of it.
  4. Rules of Engagement - After I'm done with With The Band, this one is next on the revision block.
  5. Between the Lines - Probably going to be backburnered for a short time while I work on a few other things, but it's definitely still on my radar. I like how it's turning out so far, just need to get it writ. (Note: In spite of the similarities in the titles, this book is completely unrelated to Between Brothers)
  6. Black Dark - Waiting to hear back from two agents.
  7. Playing With Fire - Not sure what's going on with the publisher right now. Updates to come.
And since she put the idea for Between Brothers in my head, critiqued the manuscript, and wrote my synopsis, a little present for Scarlett:

5 comments:

  1. Like the new blog. Already posted. :D

    Looky at all that work! There's full plates and then there's you! :)

    Hugs,
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori - I tease you about the pretty boys... but I read quite a bit of your blog, I especially enjoyed the Witt list! You write really well, I was just going to glance and got sucked in, and read post after post. You should write propaganda!

    ReplyDelete