Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Taking a Week Off.

With Rules of Engagement and Black Dark done and the requested full of Between Brothers submitted, I'm ready for a little break. So, I'm hanging up the writing until May 27 (Japan time).

No editing. No outlining. No writing.

In the meantime, I shall catch up on some reading, blog about random things you'll probably wish you still didn't know, and generally let my brain recharge a bit. I'm not falling into "I suck" mode or wangsting about my writing, I just need a break. Mostly, I just need a week without characters keeping me up at night...they're all mercifully silent right now, so I'm opting not to introduce any new voices to the mix.

(Of course, this self-imposed grounding will be summarily lifted should I receive anything from an editor or agent that requires my attention - I need a break, but I'm not stupid.)

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. We'll see if you manage it.

    I hope you don't. I hope you go mad and speed-write another erotica novel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need it, you need it.

    Try and throw a few words down though, just to keep your hand in? :-)

    *Hugz*

    Adam

    ReplyDelete