Friday, July 10, 2009

A book recommendation.

I can't believe I've never blogged about this book before, because it's easily one of my favorite books ever. So, I shall now blog about it.

I don't care if you are a parent, want to be a parent, or would sooner eat your own eyeballs than become a parent, you must read this book.

I mean, seriously, how can you not buy a book with this cover?
Parents? You will commiserate.
Future Parents? You will tremble in fear (or smugly tell yourself that your experience will be nothing like that, at which point existing parents will laugh at your naivete)
Childfree by Choice People? You will laugh maniacally because this will never happen to you.

Oh, and the writers among us would do well to take a look because he has a hilariously snarky writing style.

I just had to whore this book out because I was reading it again tonight for the forty millionth time and it still makes me laugh so hard I cry.

A snippet, just in case you don't believe me:

Pg 19: "What Baby Learned This Week: She learned that she can derive happiness by sucking her hand. She seems to try to maneuver her hand to her mouth. Because of her near total lack of motor control, this results in her either punching herself in the chin or poking herself in the eye. Sometimes she accidentally flips Daddy off. I generally watch this process until the laughter makes me start to hyperventilate."

Buy this book. NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment