Monday, February 8, 2010

Milestone Mayhem.

Cover Me is officially the longest book I've written since I switched to romance, having squeaked past the 100,000 mark tonight. (My longest ever would be the three 125K+ drafts of Sins of the Failure) I'm down to 6 unfinished chapters, all but one of which are nearly done, so I'm guessing it'll end at or around 105,000. Which means...yes...tomorrow? I'm finishing this surly bastard if it kills me. It's going to be hell to edit, though. The plot took a lot of twists and turns, and I redid the outline so many times, I've probably got continuity errors all over the place. But, for the most part, the story is coming together. It's definitely in the homestretch now. About damned time, if you ask me.

So, with this book well past the Milestones of Destinah, and at least two people threatening me with bodily harm if it goes anywhere near the Wangstbasket, it doesn't hurt to start thinking about where to send it. I'm still trying to nail down its genre, but it seems to be inching towards Erotic Suspense. Being M/M, it's somewhat limited as far as markets, but I think I can find it a home. Possibly with one of my current publishers, possibly with someone new. I'm sniffing around a bit to see if I can find a good fit. I doubt it'll be subbed for a while, but, updates to come.

Also, keep an eye out here for updates on The Next Move. Hopefully I'll have a firm release date and - yes - cover art soon. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. You totes so better finish this book LIKE NAO or I will hurt you so hard.

    As for markets? I can think of plenty. M/M erotic suspense isn't as much of a hard (snerk) sell as you'd think...

    ...which we will discuss as soon as you're back on MSN.

    ReplyDelete