Monday, August 2, 2010

Plotting and Scheming...to Travel.

I've mentioned before that for my 30th birthday, I want a passport stamp that none of my friends have. Ideas have included Komodo, various remote islands in the Pacific, and Cambodia. I mean, we live in Japan, so southeast Asia is pretty much at our fingertips.

So, with Asia at our fingertips and a million places within spitting distance, what is our #1 choice?
Yes, on the other side of the Pacific, in the southern bloody hemisphere, thousands of miles away...Easter Island. I mean, naturally, when one lives this close to all the exotic places in southeast Asia, one should scurry off to a remote island off the coast of South America.

Why? Well, why not? :D

Logistically, it could be a total nightmare, but it doesn't look like it'll be as bad as I expected. Looks like we'd be flying into Los Angeles, then from there to Santiago, Chile, and from there to Easter Island. It's not as expensive as I thought it would be, and with a little creative planning and budgeting, we may actually be able to pull it off.

If we can't, never fear...there are still plenty of places a bit closer to home. Such as, say, Komodo, which is #2 on my list.

So, the gears are turning and the plottering and scheminating has begun. God only knows if we'll be able to get our crazy carcasses to Easter Island, but I hope we can. That would be the best 30th birthday present in the history of ever. Srsly. Guess I'd better get some more books sold then, shouldn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment