Sunday, November 14, 2010

There's a chance I will regret this...

...but I'm doing it anyway.

Some time ago, I made a pledge. That pledge, loyal blog minions, is this:

Should one of my books ever appear on a New York Times Bestseller list, I will get a tattoo - size and place of my choosing - of the AbsoluteWrite logo.

That logo looks like this:
Why on earth would I do such a thing? Quite frankly, because my writing wouldn't be anywhere near what it is now without the collective knowledge, support, and general butt-kicking from that community. If my name ever appears on that list, the people of AW are in no small way to blame. I owe them a debt of gratitude, but instead of actually offering up a pound of flesh, I will pay ink homage to them on a couple square inches of flesh.

Think I'm kidding? Oh, I'm not. Not even a little.

And why am I bringing this up now?

Because in 2011, the NYT will have a bestseller list for ebooks. This means my snowball in hell just got a tiny bit more of a chance than it already had.

Get me on that list, loyal blog minions, and I will get inked. That is all.

2 comments:

  1. thanks! I am now a registered user of absolutewrite. Awesome site! I figured any site worth a tattoo must be great.

    ReplyDelete