Thursday, April 21, 2011

Comics, Books, and All Kinds of Madness

Hokay. So blog entries have been uber short and uber photo heavy lately. Why? Because I've been up to my ears in playing on Okinawa, writing, and I may have possibly started my own webcomic.

A webcomic? Yes. A ridiculously badly drawn one, of course, but it's fun. If you've enjoyed the occasional cartoon I've posted here, you may want to check out Marginally Unhinged, where I will try to regularly post more such comics about writing, cats, and life in general.

Things have been crazy on the writing front these days too. I'm about 2/3 of the way through The Given & The Taken, which is my second urban fantasy, but my first foray into the world of vampires and werewolves (previous book, Static, deals with shapeshifters of a different flavor). Really excited about this book, especially since getting this far into it means I've beaten these uncooperative characters into submission. BOO YAH. WHO'S THE BOSS NOW, CHARACTERS??

*cough* Sorry. It's just, this book has been...crazy. I ended up throwing out all semblance of an outline for a while, winging it for a few chapters, then putting together a kinda vague outline that bears absolutely no resemblance to the original. It's been an interesting ride to say the least.

After The Given & The Taken, I have loads of new stuff on my plate, so that'll keep me more or less out of trouble for a while.

So that's what's going on here. Several books are due out soon, so expect some linkage and pimpage soon. Also, there will be some giveaways soon on my professional blog, plus I'll be taking over the loop chat at Coffee Time Romance from 6pm-midnight Eastern on April 27. Join the list now so you can participate -- there will be books given away, including some signed paperbacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment