Monday, October 10, 2011

Winding Down...and some pics.

It's Monday, and I leave Okinawa on Friday. Naturally, this week will be busy as hell, but hopefully I'll be able to update more regularly once I'm in the States. There's still a lot of moving-related stuff to do, but one big step will be complete. Just bear with me, and this blog will see some more activity very soon.

I'm about halfway through my current work-in-progress, Where There's Smoke, and hopefully I'll have that wrapped up by the end of the month along with What This Woman Wants, a little side project I've been working on. Those of you who have expressed interest in some F/F stories from me might want to keep an eye out for updates about that one. ;) After that, I'm probably getting started on Naming His Price, which will be a sci-fi/romance.

Also, stay tuned for updates on my two upcoming releases, A Chip In His Shoulder from Riptide Publishing, and The Closer You Get from Samhain Publishing, both in mid-November. Finally, The Given & The Taken is now available for pre-order on Amazon.

With all of that out of the way, how's about some pictures?

My friend Elisa and I went up to the north end of the island in search of the elusive rail, an endangered flightless bird found only on Okinawa. We didn't find any, unfortunately, but we did see a lot of cool stuff.

We went to Cape Hedo, which is a place I've visited a bajillion times, but this time, we were on a mission. There's a statue visible from one of the cliffs, and try as we might, we've never been able to figure out how to get to said statue. This is what it looks like from Cape Hedo:
It's a giant rail. On a hilltop. This time, we were bound and determined to get to it. So, after making my final wander-through of the monuments and sights of Cape Hedo...
....we began our search for the rail statue.

Ooh, butterfly!
Ooh! Staring bird!
*cough* Where was I? Oh, right. Long story short, we found it.

But wait...that's not a bird statue, that's an observatory!
And it's freaking huge...
Of course, since it's an observatory, we had to...well...observe. So we went around to find the stairs...
I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

Anyway, up into the observatory we went.

And for all the times I've viewed the statue/observatory from Cape Hedo, I finally got to view Cape Hedo from the statue/observatory:
My journey has come full circle.

But I still don't want to leave Okinawa. *cries*

1 comment:

  1. That thing is so awesome! So much that I never got to see there :( I can't believe that you leave in only a few days!

    ReplyDelete