Thursday, January 5, 2012

It really is a wonder I get any work done.

So as I settle into my new office, I'm finding it has its occasional minor disadvantage. A heater vent that randomly coughs cold air RIGHT up my pant leg. A bunch of stairs rudely standing in the way of me and my choice of refreshing beverages.

And...well, I have just a wee bit of ADD.

Now, this is the view from my desk:
You might notice on the left there is a rather skeletal looking tree. I'm sure it'll be infested with leaves in a few months, but for the time being, it's fallen victim to the cycle of the seasons and the evil cold of the midwest. It's not just an idle, barren tree, though.

For the most part, it just sits there quietly in the yard, but it also happens to be populated by--

SQUIRRELS!
Do you have ANY idea how hard it is for someone like me -- who is seriously ADD and adores anything of the cute and furry variety -- to focus when I have THIS looking at me from out there???
I think I may have to lower the blinds. Cause seriously? This is epic distracting cuteness of lethal proportions.

Anyway. Back to work. Gotta finish this chapter before-- SQUIRREL!

3 comments:

  1. *muttermuttertreeratsmuttermutter*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, they are so cute. I love watching squirrels, especially when they are drunk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ikH9ZRcF2Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching the nutties. One of my all-time favorite ways to--well, waste time. :) I don't think you have anything to worry about unless of course you give them names...

    ReplyDelete