Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Updates N Stuff

I meant to cross post this from my other blog, and apparently forgot. So...here it is!
(Blogger and I seem to be having some issues relating to formatting. We're currently undergoing counseling to sort out our differences, but until then, there may be some extra spaces and such between paragraphs. *le sigh* Workin' on it...)


Good lord, I have really been remiss in updating either of my blogs this year. I really do try to keep them updated, but generally prefer not to do so unless I have something to say that might actually be of interest to people. Lately, that's been the type of thing that can be contained in a tweet:
"And Holy Ned, props to those of you who write  on a regular basis. This is my 1st, & it's kicked my butt. My hat's off to y'all.
"Blarf. I think I've deleted almost as much as I've written today. 
"Good lord. WHY can I not spell "spectators" today? I've had to type and re-type it like 6 times every time I've used it. "
Those are actual tweets. Seriously folks, if you're not following me on Twitter, you are missing some insanely deep thoughts. Tru fax. Get thee to Twitter and follow me, yo! (Or not. Can't blame you if you don't. The important stuff gets posted here too. But Twitter's good if you want to catch me occasionally tweeting stuff so random you'll be certain the hamster in my head has been smoking crack again.)


Anyway, long story short: I've pretty much had my entire face to the grindstone recently, especially the last month and a half or so. Naturally, I haven't had much time to update, and most updates would consist of "been pounding keyboard...keys starting to break...need caffeine...spatula..." and other such nonsense. 


But! For the first time since, like, this time last year, I can honestly say that I am caught the hell up. I've still got a couple of deadlines looming, but one book is in the editing stage and the other isn't due for a long enough period that I can catch my breath a little. And that means I can post a lengthy, rambly update here, and with any luck, start posting a bit more regularly about things that are actually interesting. Like... traveling. And my cats. And writing. And whatever shenanigans my husband and I are getting up to that will probably result in us being exiled from Nebraska sooner or later.


August is creeping up on us like a creeping creepy thing, and that means I'll be chewing through my tethers and flying to New Orleans for Authors After Dark!  If you're planning on attending, I'll be hanging out with the Riptide Publishing crew, and I will be signing as both L.A. Witt and Lauren Gallagher at the book signing. If you're there, stop by and say hello!


In all the madness and chaos, a few books have been released and a few more have been sold, so here's a quick rundown of what's new and what's coming out soon:


From Lauren Gallagher:
Available Now from Carnal Passions

Available August 7th from Samhain Publishing
Currently Available for Pre-Order

 (Part of the Switch BDSM Anthology)
Anthology Available September 10th from Total-E-Bound
Individual Story Available November 19th

and

All The King's Horses
Available in late 2012 from Samhain Publishing


And from L. A. Witt:
Available July 17th from Samhain Publishing
Currently Available for Pre-Order

Now Available in Paperback from Samhain Publishing

Part of the Forbidden Liaisons Amber Pax
Available August 19th from Amber Allure

Available October 23rd from Samhain Publishing
Currently Available for Pre-Order

and

Something New Under the Sun
(the sequel to A Chip In His Shoulder)
Available in early 2013 from Riptide Publishing


Also, The Closer You Get and The Given & The Taken will be available in print later this year. Details to come. At least one other title that's heretofore been available only in electronic format should be released electronically before the end of the year -- stay tuned for updates on that one.


Phew! It's been a busy year! Now you see why I've been neglecting my blog. I'm hoping to add a few more titles to that list soon, so keep an eye on this page for more details.


What's coming down the pipe? All kinds of stuff. Some more cyberpunk is brewing, I just finished my first historical, and there's loads of contemporary coming your way. Some kinky goodness, too! Oh, and some suspense! And some fantasy!  Hey, I may be caught up, but that doesn't mean I'm finished. ;)


So, that's what's going on in the land of corn and tornadoes (cornadoes?). More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment