Friday, September 26, 2008

3rd packout -- DONE.

They came today to take all of the things we "can't live without" when we get to Okinawa. Apparently we CAN live without them now. Whatever. It's paper plates from here on out. At least these guys were friendly and professional. Rather good-looking too.

Speaking of our move, I got a call this morning to ask about a few of our travel dates, and basically discovered (as if I didn't already know) that this move is a total cluster fuck, and the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. Asshats. But hopefully it'll be worked out soon. So far this week they've sprung it on us at the very last possible second (yesterday) that Eddie has to buy his plane ticket back to Norfolk from San Antonio (on two days' notice?? You couldn't have maybe mentioned this, say, 2 months ago? Thank God for Travelocity.) I'm reasonably certain that more speed bumps and idiocy await. Hooray.

In other news, Ms Papercuts (See, Misa101? I DO link to her blog!) do actually talk about things other than the Brothers Leto and Colin Farrell, and as a result have decided to collaborate on a writing project. It's not so much a collaboration in the traditional sense, where we both write a single narrative together. To quote her from her blog, "Maybe it's not a true collaboration so much as a "Let's both write shit, mash it together and see how it looks at the end."" Very eloquent, she.

I'm sure the last thing I need is another project to work on, but this one is different than a long narrative. It's a collection of shorts, which I often write just to get myself in the mood to work on my longer projects, so I could actually end up being more productive. If nothing else, having someone else saying "are you working on this?" will likely motivate me to actually get it done. I do work better with pressure and deadlines. We'll see. Updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment