Wednesday, October 1, 2008

More progress on the house.

God this home improvement crap is taking forever.

Today:
  • Finished sanding the stairs, put a final coat of poly on the landing, and a first coat on the second half of the stairs.
  • Made major headway painting the bedroom and living room.
  • Put another coat of poly in the living room.
  • Finished caulking a few gaps in the wall (I love caulk. Have I ever mentioned how much I love caulk?)
  • Discovered that spraying some primer on the darker moulding makes it MUCH easier to paint. (Yeah, I know, DUH...just didn't think of it before)

It doesn't sound like much, but we really did get a lot done. With Eddie here, it's going much faster. We may end up leaving a day later than we'd planned, but I think we'll get it done. I'm just so ready for it to be DONE. There's only so much sanding one woman can take.

Tomorrow, we will hopefully get some more painting done, in between our acupuncture appointments and visiting some friends. All that's really left is to finish poly'ing the living room (one more coat) and the hallway (3 more coats), painting the bedroom, my office, and the living room, cleaning up the kitchen, laying moulding, replacing some vent covers, replacing blinds, fixing a broken window, some yardwork, and fixing the shed door. Fuck. That's a lot. Dammit. Oh well, I think we can finish it. It's -- oddly enough -- going twice as fast with two people involved.

We also have our official travel dates!!! Eddie will be flying out of Seattle on Oct 25, I will be flying out on Nov 10. The cats will be traveling with me or shortly after me. Yikes, it's actually becoming REAL!

In other news, my teeth don't hurt anymore from yesterday's visit to the dentist, but my jaw is sure not happy. Blarg. The thing is, it doesn't hurt constantly, only when I open my mouth wide enough to yawn or bite into something. So, I *forget* that it hurts until I...you know...yawn or bite into something, then it hurts to bad my eyes water. Son of a bitch. Oh well, I can't complain too much -- at least I didn't feel it while it was happening.

That's really all that's going on here right now. Tomorrow...more painting and caulking. Hooray for teh caulk. I lurve teh caulk.

No comments:

Post a Comment