Saturday, September 6, 2008

Oh Noes!!!


Tropical Storm Hanna is picking up steam. Probably won't cause a lot of damage, but there's a good chance I'll lose power tomorrow. But that's not really why I'm panicking.

I'm panicking...

...because I just finished reading my book.

My last book.

I have no more books. All of my books are on the slowboat to China or sitting in storage in Washington. The library is already closed, and I'm fucking broke.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS???

When the power goes out tomorrow, and my laptop battery finally keels over...I WILL HAVE NOTHING TO READ!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

IT'S RAINING, IT'S POURING, HURRICANES ARE BORING....especially when your laptop is dead, your house is empty, and you have no books. FUCK.

*fingers crossed that the power holds out, or I may very while die of boredom and/or book deprivation*

2 comments:

  1. If only I had a scanner; I could send you some pages of BD to print out. No? Hmm...you'll just have to lie back in the dark and think filthy thoughts of JRM.

    That'd be hard.

    Fnar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, because "Breaking Dawn" is JUST what I need to kill the BOREDOM of a dark, empty house during a hurricane. *eyeroll*

    And let's not forget the fact that I have no PRINTER right now, and if I have no power...well...DUH.

    But the filthy thoughts of JRM. I can deal with that.

    ReplyDelete