Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Messing with waitresses and sales clerks.

Yes, we've made asses of ourselves in public again. Here's how it went:

First, we went to the camera store with a basket of film -- roughly 40 rolls -- that we never bothered to get developed. I set it down, and the sales clerk looks at it in horror. I said, with a totally straight face: "I can get these in an hour, right?" I thought he was going to faint.

Then, we went on to a diner, where the following exchange took place:

Me: Does this soup have potatoes in it?
Waitress: No
Me: Ok. I have an allergy, so just checking.
Waitress: Nope, no potatoes.
(She leaves. I eat. Soup has potatoes. I grumble. Waitress and manager come scurrying up to the table.)
Waitress: Uh, about the soup...
Me: It has potatoes, doesn't it?
Manager & Waitress: *blanche*
Me: No worries. It's not a severe allergy...
Manager & Waitress: *sighs of relief, start to walk away*
Me: ...I should only need to use half of my Epi-pen.

I thought they were both going to have heart failure.

Still, I don't think anything will ever hold a candle to the time Eddie and I almost got ourselves thrown out of Babies R Us:

Eddie: Baby detergent? I didn't know they needed their own detergent.
Me: I didn't even know you could put them in the washing machine.

Hehehehehe

So, yes, we're up to our usual pranks and hijinks. More to come, I'm sure.

In other news, I had the "Sins of the Father" manuscript printed yesterday, all 300 billion pages of it. Srsly, it's more like a doorstop than anything. Let the editing BEGIN!!

1 comment:

  1. I have to go shopping with you guys one day.

    HAVE TO.

    ReplyDelete