Wednesday, November 19, 2008

50K! WOOHOO!!!

I made it over 50,000 words on my NaNoWriMo project – Woohoo! And doesn’t it just figure that I would finish it the night we move into our house, when I have no internet access, and can’t get on to update my word counter. Then again, that’s probably why I finished it, since I couldn’t go visit icanhazcheesburger.com just one more time, or check the latest at truemomconfessions.com, or see if I can post anything snarkastic on Absolute Write. It’s amazing what lack of intertubes can do for productivity.

But anyway, I’m online now. Finally. Had to post a quick brag about that. On to more interesting topics…

We’re more or less moved in to our new place. I love it! It’s only 2 bedroom, but the rooms are fairly large and the kitchen is awesome. Pictures coming soon, but right now it’s an unholy mess. We’re slowly getting organized, getting pictures on the wall, etc. Poor Eddie has to deal with my OCD about things, but he’s being a good sport.

The movers did surprisingly well and only managed to destroy three pieces of furniture and about ten plastic crates, but nothing irreplaceable or sentimental. I was quite worried about some of my little statues and knickknacks, particularly some of my grandpa’s wood carvings and my Foo Dog statue (similar to a ShiShi Dog), but it all made it. Hooray!

In true Witt fashion, all of our video game and entertainment systems were hooked up well before some of the more important things – like clothes, dishes, etc – saw the light of day. Priorities, people! We haven’t played with the Wii yet; I think we’re both just tired as hell from moving in, but Eddie’s getting the PS3 broken in quite nicely. I’ve made a deal with myself that I can’t play Assassin’s Creed until I submit one – preferably both – of my finished books to a publisher and/or agent. If that’s not motivation, I don’t know what is.

Now some boring writer stuff:
I’m about ¾ of the way through editing the manuscript for “Sins of the Father”; with any luck I’ll have the revisions added fairly soon, and then I can focus on spit-shining the first three chapters so that I can start submitting. I just printed out “Camera Shy” (my NaNo project), and am going to start revising it after I finish editing SOTF. Both books look like they are on track for submission in January.

In the meantime, I’ve got a few other ideas in the works, and will finally be buckling down on “Fit For a King”. I swear its progress counter next to my blog is gathering dust; it’s been two months since I’ve touched it. Oh well, I’ve been tinkering with it for coming on four years; what’s two more months?

That’s all for now. I’ll be posting pictures of La Casa de Witt later this week. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. First I noticed your Christmas list is growing.

    Can't wait to see pics although I am still waiting for something over there to piss you off so you can launch into a rant. They have much more entertainment value IMNSHO

    ReplyDelete