Thursday, November 20, 2008

Well, that didn't take long, and other ramblings.

Eddie had a cold when I got here, so I figured it was just a matter of time. And today, the sore throat kicked in. As did the "I just generally feel like shit". BLECH. I hate being sick. Who doesn't, right?

So, in terms of unpacking and putting stuff away, I got precisely nothing done today. Well, ok, I did the dishes. Big accomplishment. Most of the day was spent on the couch in pajamas and a blanket working on my manuscripts. At least I got something done -- whatever required the least amount of physical effort.

On a positive note, I finished my first read-through of "Camera Shy", and I'm pretty happy with it. Later on, I'll do another read and mark it up, then go back in and do some revisions. I'm really happy with how this project is turning out. Considering that a month ago, (to paraphrase a similar comment made by Ms Papercuts about her own NaNo project) I didn't even know who Simone, Jason, or any of my other characters were, I'm thrilled that something halfway decent came out of this. It's obviously still not spit-polished yet, but I'm happy to have come this far in less than three weeks. Considering "Sins of the Father" took a freaking decade, the idea of getting a novel from concept to "ready to see the light of day" in less than a month is a definite switch. I think I may follow in Ms Papercuts' footsteps and do a self-imposed NaNoWriMo at some point during the year, maybe a few times. Woohoo!

Speaking of "Sins of the Father", I did some more work on it today. I've done handwritten revisions for about 3/4 of the manuscript, and have gone through and made changes to the first 7 chapters on the computer. I probably would've done more on it today, but I was itching to work on "Camera Shy". Gotta love ADD.

So that's what's going on in this part of the world. Don't you feel enlightened?

1 comment:

  1. What I do when I have a cold is whinge a bit (which you've done) and go to bed with a big mug of tea and a favourite book. And sleep a lot.

    YAY for your literary progress. I demand to read it all. NAO!

    And I'm on for a personal NaNo next year if you are. Was thinking of finishing off another of my projects as soon as possible, if you fancy January, just to pile on the pressure?

    ReplyDelete