Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The End is Near!

"The End", that is. Not the literal apocalyptic end. If that's getting close, you won't see me blogging about it. Though I guess this end is somewhat literal, being...oh nevermind.

No, I'm talking about the end of "Fit for a King"...I wrote about 9,000 words today, and it's just about to crack 50,000 words, with a projected finish of less than 60,000. Way shorter than I expected, but the story is also going way better than I expected. My guess is that it will be finished by the end of the week, at which point it will sit and fester for a few weeks while I work on something else. I added a somewhat gory scene today, which I hadn't planned on, but it works. This book seems to enjoy running between "wickedly disturbing" to "super emotional" and back every other scene. I think I need pills.

Assuming I do finish it this month, that will be 3 finished first drafts in 2008. If I can kick my own ass and get to work on "Luke Boydston's Baby" (that doesn't sound right...), I might be able to crank it out (that didn't sound much better...) in a few weeks too. Somewhere in there, I'll finish editing "Sins of the Father"; I'm almost done with my first round of revisions with that beast of a book.

Hell. Yeah. I know, I'm talking about my writing a lot lately. Why? Because I'm finally doing a lot of writing, and this is all I've ever wanted to do.

This full-time writing thing kicks ass.

1 comment:

  1. this end is literary not literal.

    You need to slow down I cant spend enough time at my comp to keep up.

    ReplyDelete