Thursday, January 8, 2009

Shifting Gears

Another writing-related post, so commence eye-glazing...

I'm completely and utterly stalled on The Enemy of My Enemy. So, I'm putting the story on the back burner and sticking all of my characters in timeout so they can think about what they've done. Or not done, as the case may be. Uncooperative bastards. I'm not abandoning the project altogether, but I need to let it sit for a while so I can rethink some of the issues with the story.

In the meantime, I don't want to lose my writing momentum, so I am starting yet another book, Straight Up. I'll be starting it in a couple of days, once I finish ironing out the outline. I'll also be revising Luke Boydston's Baby, Fit for a King, and Sins of the Father, but I need to have something new in the works just to keep myself going. I'm really afraid of losing this momentum I've had going for the last couple of months.

So, on to my outline for Straight Up, then that little word meter on the right should start moving again in a day or two, and....HEY! You two!! Back into the corner!! You guys are all in timeout! *goes off to beat The Enemy of My Enemy characters...*

No comments:

Post a Comment