Monday, March 9, 2009

The homestretch.

Between Brothers is in the homestretch. I've written 6,000 words today, did 5,000 yesterday. 8 out of 48 chapters need to be finished, and 6 of those are already in various states of completion. There's a good chance the story will go beyond 75,000, though I highly doubt it'll make it to 80,000.

It's almost done.
It's almost done.
It's almost done.
Sweet mother of God, the damned thing is almost DONE.

Don't get me wrong. I love the story, and I've had a ball writing it. But there comes a point with every book when I just want. it. to. be. DONE. With Between Brothers, that point is NOW.

And it's not just the fact that I'm ready to be done with this story: I also have Camera Shy's massive facelift looming in the background. I'm chomping at the bit to get to that, and have already made significant progress, but I need to get Between Brothers out of my system so that I can fully focus on Camera Shy.

I'm super, super excited about what's going on with Camera Shy. I received a three page critique from the editor the other day, along with LOADS of encouragement to revise it and resubmit it ASAP. She really likes the story, and all of the feedback she gave me is totally doable. Get Simone and Jason together in chapter 1? Check. More smex scenes? Check. Beyond that, it's mostly a question of tightening up some prose, changing the tone of a few scenes, etc.

This is not, by any means, a guarantee that they'll want to contract Camera Shy, but it's also not a definite "no". I'll take that.

Now...back to Between Brothers. I am going to finish it. It's almost done. I am going to finish it. It's almost done. I am going- *headdesk*

No comments:

Post a Comment