Saturday, April 18, 2009

A brief update...

Black Dark is progressing at a very nice, steady clip. At this rate, I suspect we'll be finished with the first draft in the next 2-3 weeks. I'm having a ball with it. However....it does have some rather heavy material, and I sometimes need to step away from it and let my brain come back to Earth and decompress.

So...I started on a new outline today for a new project. And, thanks to Scarlett, the new book shall be called Closer. I'm not going to divulge any details, but the title is a perfect, perfect fit for this WIP. Once again, she's given one of my books a super badass title.

I'll add a word counter fairly soon, but it will probably creep along fairly slowly. It's my "I need a break from Black Dark for a couple of hours" WIP, so it's my second priority. One of the joys of working on an exceptionally dark WIP: It gives me an excuse to work on a second, decidedly less dark project as a diversion.

And in case you were wondering...Closer will definitely have those scenes (tm).

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I don't know about that, Adam. You might be shocked. Lori's novels have a...you might say, 'theme'.

    I'm looking forward to reading Closer, both because I named it, and because of the aforementioned shock-value of the genre. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pfft, what kind of wuss do you take me for! :-)

    I am unshockable when it comes to litrichure themes.

    (Unless it's horror, then I need a blanky to hide behind.)

    ReplyDelete