Monday, April 27, 2009

Might as well call her my damned co-author.

Scarlett has done it again.

AGAIN.

Srsly.

Last night, she made an off-hand comment that pretty much turned into a dare, and I am never one to turn down a dare. The dare related to writing a short story. I saw her short story and raised her a novel.

So I wrote the outline, tinkered with the characters and events, but still had a few issues. Specifically, I couldn't think of a title and I couldn't work out how to make a particular event happen without making it a coincidence (which is a cardinal sin in writing). She sorted my scene problem, and bestowed upon me the title Rules of Engagement.

I might as well just give her credit as my co-author, I swear.

In fact, I think next time I e-mail her, I'll ask her for advice on which numbers to pick for the lottery...

Anyway.

The gauntlet has been thrown. Rules of Engagement begins tomorrow. Of course Black Dark is still my prioritah, so that means that Closer is going to get bumped down the ladder for the time being.

Between RoE and BD, come tomorrow morning, it's on like Donkey Kong, my friends.

4 comments:

  1. Wait...whut? You're dropping Closer?

    Nooooo! *cries*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm NOT dropping Closer. I'm just bumping it down so I can work on BD and RoE.

    Trust me...it WILL get writ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooo, go you!

    So many books...

    *cough* beta reader *cough*

    Adam

    ReplyDelete