Thursday, April 9, 2009

An Update of the Random Kind

Okay, so it looks like I'm bailing on Script Frenzy. My script is coming along nicely, and I have a feeling I'll finish it eventually, but there is that minor detail of mah brainz focusing on other things. I'm just not as excited about Close to Home, and the more I try to focus on it, the more I keep thinking about other projects. So...I'm bowing out of Script Frenzy and putting Close to Home aside until I can give it the attention it requires.

That doesn't mean I will have any lack of stuff on my plate. Good God, no.

I'm frantically editing the hell out of the full manuscripts of Luke Boydston's Baby and Camera Shy just in case they're requested in the near future. Both are pretty much done, just need a little prose adjustment here and there.

With The Band is coming along at a satisfying clip, though I am going to revisit the outline and possibly tweak the last 1/4 or so of the story. Just not sure it's ending the way it should, but I don't think it'll be a difficult fix. The characters are more or less cooperating, the tension is getting all tensified, and everybody is satisfyingly conflicted. All is as it should be.

Also in the offing is a joint project that I can't really discuss in great detail yet. A friend has asked me to co-author a memoir, and although memoirs aren't usually my cup of tea, this was an offer I couldn't refuse. Once With The Band is done and the other manuscripts are edited, this project will probably be my main focus for a while, so expect all kinds of cryptic updates over the next few weeks or months. It's not some Sooper Sekrit Skwirrel subject matter, but being that it's his story, not mine, I'm not at liberty to discuss it with quite the same reckless abandon with which I discuss my own. For example, there will be no "stick figure theatre" synopsis for this particular book. (Sorry Dave, you're just going to have to read it when it's done) All I will say is that I think this is going to be wicked cool.

And just for the hell of it, because I haven't done it in a while, how about some gratuitous mancandy? Marscandy, to be specific.

Shannon Leto, of course...
Tim Kelleher, who I am still hoping ends up as a permanent member of 30 Seconds to Mars...
Men with guitars...NOM NOM NOM. (Jared Leto & Tomo Milicevic)

No comments:

Post a Comment