Monday, May 11, 2009

Writing Goals - Revisited

At the end of December, I posted this blog entry detailing my writing goals for the year 2009. Now, being almost halfway through the year, I can see that my writing has taken a somewhat different direction than my goals reflect. For one thing, I'm not focusing on the fantasy or science fiction genres as much as I'd expected. It turns out that the romance/erotica genres are more my "calling". Will I ever go back to writing fantasy? Probably. In the next few months? Doubt it.

So, I am now updating those goals and listing them here for all of you to see, because I'm sure you're all dying to know.
  1. One first draft per month. (January - The Wedding Photographer; February - missed; March - Between Brothers, April - With The Band, May - Rules of Engagement, June - Breaking the Rules, July - The Best Man, August - missed, September - Nine Tenths of the Law, October - Behind Closed Doors and The Distance Between Us, November - World Enough and Time)
  2. Finish Black Dark (on track, just a lot of editing and such right now) (05/17/09: DONE)
  3. Revise and submit at least four more novels (besides Camera Shy, Between Brothers, and Luke Boydston's Baby, which are already submitted) (05/28/09 - Rules of Engagement, 07/03/09 Breaking the Rules and With The Band, 09/01/09 - Playing With Fire) DONE
  4. Harass the living hell out of Scarlett and Adam to finish their WIP's. (This is coming along quite well. Now both of you: Stop reading my blog and get back to work! NAO!)
  5. In November, PWN NaNoWriMo again. (DONE (DONE) ((DONE DON
  6. Total Word Count Goal by Dec 31, 2009: 1,000,000 (DONE)
Updates to come. I command you all to kick me in the butt and keep me honest!

3 comments:

  1. You're a busy bunny! :)

    Think I'll give NaNoWriMo a go myself this year, too. :)

    *Polishes shoe tip just in case Lori slacks*

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. To reach successful goals takes being committed and self discipline. Be realistic with the goals we set. Achieving success at our goal setting, determines our successful chosen paths in life. At http://determined2.com Interactivity that promotes successful pursuit of life goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between Brothers, eh? That'll never go anywhere...

    ReplyDelete