Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fell short, but still wrote a lot.

Okay, so I didn't make 12K today. Stopped around 6,300. Still nothing to sneeze at, so I'm not going to berate myself for it. If nothing else, I'm 6,000 words closer to finishing Breaking the Rules and reaching my One Million Word goal.

Tomorrow is "go out exploring Japanistan" day, assuming the weather isn't nasty, so who knows if I'll get any writing done. Either way, the word counters will keep moving, and come hell or high water, I'm going to hit 500,000 by the end of the month.

For now, I'm going to hit the hay.

3 comments:

  1. 6300 is definitely nothing to sneeze at. Nice work!

    I thought 12K was a tad ambitious when you emailed me... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6.3k?!?!

    Nutter.


    Adam, jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 12K is ambitious, but I've definitely hit it before, many times. I think some of the scenes I was working on yesterday required a bit more attention - a slower hand, shall we say - so it wasn't realistic.

    But it does happen. ;)

    ReplyDelete