Monday, June 22, 2009

Signed, Sealed, Delivered.

The contract for Between Brothers came in the mail today, so it is now signed and on its way back across the pond. Of course I also scanned the signed copy and e-mailed it, so we're good to go. Viva la modern technology!

I talked to one of the editors today, and it looks like I should see the cover art within the next week or so. I am so excited about that I can't even see straight - there's just something wickedly cool about actually seeing your book's cover for the first time. Can't wait to see what their art department came up with. I gave them two suggestions, but beyond that, it's up to them. (And yes, I will post it here as soon as I get it)

They're aiming for a very quick release date. Originally, they were hoping for early July, but some editing hangups are going to hold it up. Either way, it looks like the book could be out as early as August, which is obscenely, insanely fast in the publishing world. Color me happy!

Hooray for progress!

Speaking of progress, I fully intend to finish Breaking the Rules today. I'm down to five chapters, all of which are at least started, so maybe 5,000 words to go. Probably more like 3,000, if that.

Then...starting tomorrow? I begin the book titled I'm Not Outlining This Book WTF Am I Thinking I Have Lost My Ever-Loving Mind Oh God Where Are The Antacids? Actually that's just the working title...I'm told publishers and readers alike prefer somewhat shorter titles, so I'm either going with The Invitation or The Best Man. I'll know which title fits better after I've written the first chapter, because...well...I only have a vague idea what's going to happen.

For now, though...time to finish Breaking the Rules.

4 comments:

  1. Yay on the contract and book cover! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's brilliant, Lori!!!

    Can't wait to see the book cover either!
    *Happy dance*

    You may have finished BTR by the time you read this, but in case you haven't, GGIW!!!

    *Congratulatory hugs.*

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I cannot wait to see it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!

    Man, I hope they don't use Poser. ;)

    ReplyDelete