Tuesday, August 18, 2009

BAH. So much for writing on vacation...

I've been here for a little over a week, and have written a grand total of 1600 words in Nine Tenths of the Law. Turns out that jetlag, lack of sleep, and constantly running around visiting people and neighboring countries does a number on my productivity. As much as I hate cutting myself slack, hey, I'm human (I think) and I have my limits.

So anyway, writing on vacation hasn't worked out as well as I'd hoped. I did a lot of work on Between Brothers on my last trip, but I'm a lot busier this time around. Plus I had some work to do on Black Dark, which took priority, and even that required some creative time managing. I have done some revising on Playing With Fire, though, so at least I haven't been a total slacker.

Our travel itinerary remains totally jam-packed, as well it should. Tomorrow, we're heading to Forks (YES, THAT FORKS) with Libbie and her husband for two days of photography and nitwittery. We will likely spend the 5 hour car trip boring our husbands into comas with endless discussion of the craft of writing, then we will explore the rainforest, see how much Twilight has infested Forks, and come home. Why? Because we can.

Expect photos when I return, and hopefully there will be some forward motion on my word counters soon. I'm trying to carve out some time (preferably after a restful sleep) to get some writing done, but push comes to shove, I'll give myself a pass until I get back to Okinawa. Once I'm back in Japanistan, oh, it's ON...

4 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! PICKSHURES!!!

    Be sure to take a notebook. You never know what kind of inspiration might strike when surrounded by shitty sparkly vampire memorabilia! ;-)

    *Luvs*

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I guess I could cut you some slack, as I've lost two days to a migraine. Sometimes life gets in the way.

    No wangsting, though!

    I demand you get back to work soon, though. The world has need of your filth. As for me, I'm on my way home now to take care of a few chores, then see to Spencer, you'll be pleased to know.

    Also, don't feel obligated to buy me lots of Forks Twishite souvenirs. No, really. Don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So. The question is, do we want to listen to Twilight on audiobook on the drive over and mock it MST3K-style, or do we want to NOT torture our poor husbands?

    Let me know before you get to my place tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libbie - I'm thinking *I* might throw up if we do that, but I do think there must be some serious Twilight mockery on this trip. Hmm. Bring the audio book just in case...

    ReplyDelete