Friday, August 7, 2009

I'm not flying, but the story is.

We didn't get on a plane today, but we're leaving at the asscrack of dawn tomorrow in hopes of catching one of two flights to Washington. If we don't get one of those, it'll probably be Wednesday. Or something.

Anyway, updates to come.

In the meantime, as long as I wasn't traveling, it seemed as good a time as any to get some work done. I started Nine Tenths of the Law, and Holy Ned...this one's going fast. I'm already halfway to the Milestone of Destinah, coming in at over 7,500 words so far. By the time I call it a night, I fully expect to be at or past 10,000. Then, only a few thousand to go before a jury of its peers determines if Nine Tenths of the Law goes to the Wangstbasket or continues. If this momentum keeps up, and the characters keep doing their thang, I don't think it'll be a problem, but...I'm cautiously optimistic. Way too early to tell.

The characters are being remarkably cooperative so far, but it's still early in the game. I've already played these early scenes out in my head enough times that I have a pretty good idea of how they're going to work. Still, it won't surprise me if they start taking some liberties fairly soon.

Actually, I take that back. The main character was supposed to have a relatively civil conversation with a manipulative ex, then walk out. Instead, he decided he was too fed up to even step into the ex's apartment, told him off on the doorstep, and left. Works for me. The ex totes deserved it.

So anyway, that's what's going on today. With any luck, this time tomorrow will find me at 30,000 feet or descending safely to terra firma in Washington.

Updates to come.

1 comment:

  1. BAH! Stoopid planes!

    Yay for 9/10!!!

    About to read the first three chapters and I know NOTHING about what's gonna happen!

    *Menny hugs*

    Adam

    ReplyDelete