Thursday, November 5, 2009

Friday Mancandy - Swords N Sandals

It's Friday here in Japanistan, so time for another round of mancandy. This week's theme is "Swords N Sandals", as suggested by the divinely pervy Scarlett.

So, without further adieu, how about some Gerard "This...is...SPARTA!" Butler from 300:
Joaquin "god damn it I was unmercifully hot in this movie" Phoenix as Commodus in Gladiator...
Russell "not as hot as Commodus but still wouldn't throw him out of bed" Crowe, also from Gladiator...
And we certainly don't discriminate here at Adventures in Navy Wifing, and while this particular picture lacks the requisite sword, it's Angelina Jolie, shown here in Alexander:
And speaking of Alexander, I'm sure my loyal blog minions know where this is headed.

I mean, what other film exists that manages to contain Colin Farrell, Jared Leto, and Jonathan Rhys Meyers?

All with swords.

All in sandals.

And bisexual to boot.

That, my friends, should be a recipe for smexiness of epic proportions, so I would be remiss if I didn't include a pic of the same...

Yes, I made an exception for Angelina, because aside from her ungodly accent, she was one of the redeeming features of that craptacular cinematic clusterfuck. Oliver Stone, you managed to make three of my favorite actors look like utter asshats and you still had time to completely piss away the chance to create an epic film about one of the greatest military commanders in history. And, for the love of God, it was a 3 hour film. 3 fucking hours. Was it too much to ask to see Alexander and Hephaestion snog just once???

Anyway. Tune in next week for another themed blogisode of Friday Mancandy.

Tomorrow? Back to normal, sensible blogs.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just going to pretend like all these pictures are of Teller in a toga.

    ReplyDelete