Sunday, December 27, 2009

More Madness.

Okay, quicklike before I get into today's blog o' rambles, the deadline for the Demotivator/Naptivator contest is fast approaching. C'mon, folks, I know you've got some ideas. Send 'em my way!

Also, I still need help with some brain pickingz about paramedics and suchlike.

With that out of the way...onward!

I've come to the conclusion that The Ties That Bind is not going to be written nearly as quickly as most of my books. Jumping back and forth between the different points of view is almost migraine-inducing, so I'm altering my approach just a wee bit. No, I'm not rejigging the outline again. Instead, I'm going to write it in pieces. Basically, I'll be treating each section as a separate book. Once one is finished, then I'll work on something else before returning to complete the next section. I'm nearly done with Jason's chapters, and once those are out of the way, it's on to a different book. After that book, I'll come back and write the POV of either Alex, Kari, or Gillian. There's no way in hell I'm giving up on this book, but it's definitely requiring a different strategy.

Annnnnnd of course it doesn't hurt that I've got another story bubbling in the background that is demanding to be written right now. *sigh* The characters of Cover Me are already keeping me awake at night, the bastards. Last night, the main character decided that 2:00 in the morning was an ideal time to tell me how to resolve a particular situation that had been bugging me. Of course, this led into a few more logistical concerns and suchlike, and Lori didn't get any goddamned sleep.

*sigh*

So anyway, today I'm going to finish Jason's chapters in The Ties That Bind and continue outlining Cover Me.

ADD? Me? No, I do not have- oh look! Jared Leto!

3 comments:

  1. I'm writing TRtS from two POVs (mainly) and yes, it's like writing two different stories.

    Sometimes it's just working out how best to tackle the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. My characters always think 2:00am is a good time to reveal things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here you go. I win the contest.

    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2544/4218835515_03f378e140_o.jpg

    ReplyDelete