Friday, December 11, 2009

The Title Ninja Strikes Again.

I mentioned yesterday that I'd started tinkering with the idea of The Ties That Bind, and I had a pretty good feeling that Scarlett the Title Ninja would come up with a more suitable title.

And she did.

So...it is now...Undone.

And, as always, it fits perfectly. Epic win, mi amiga.

Seriously, I wouldn't have a writing career at all without this woman. But that sounds wanky, so shhhhh, don't tell.
Now, as much as On The Fence is calling to me, Undone has the kind of hold on me that a book hasn't had in recent memory. Sleep didn't happen last night, because the characters - all four of them - were vying for my attention and demanding to tell me exactly what happens. I don't know why they can't just sit in a corner and be quiet for a little while.
See? Colin can do it, you bastards, why can't you?

Not that I'm really complaining (aside from being a bit bleary-eyed today)...when characters are that emphatic about having their story told, chances are, I'm onto something. I hate to put two books aside in the same week, but who am I to argue with these guys? I mean, really.

Am I crazy? No, I'm a writer. And people in my head talk to me. And make demands of me. And steal my sleep like goddamned underpants gnomes steal underpants in the middle of the night. And..

Why yes, Colin, I think I would like a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment