Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Shuffling Things Around

The Opposite of You is giving me fits, Through a Glass Darkly won't leave me alone, so I'm giving in and switching them around. The latter is going to the back burner, and I'm spending today outlining the former. Libbie, be on your toes...I may be consulting with you soon (and frequently) about all things magic. This book is your fault, so I expect to have you available as a consultant.

And while things are getting shuffled about, the release date has been changed for The Distance Between Us. Instead of August 10, it will be out July 6. Hooray!

Nine Tenths of the Law is still scheduled for mid-May, and The Next Move is on target for release...oh...tomorrow. W00T! Links to come as soon as I have them.

Moving right along...looking at my submission spreadsheet lately (yes, I have a spreadsheet to track my submissions SHUT UP), I've come to the conclusion that I am woefully behind on sending things out. I'm down to a whopping four submissions, where I usually try to keep at least 30 queries in circulation. This should be remedied soon, especially as Scarlett is making progress with the synopsis and query for World Enough and Time. As always, she's doing a fantastic job on them - much better than I ever do - so I can't wait to see what she comes up with. Once she's done, let the querying begin. I've also got several betas reading Cover Me right now, and once they're done, it will also be getting on the query-go-round.

Speaking of which, I may be taking a few books off the query-go-round. Looking at some of my older work, I'm not so sure I want to publish them anymore, so they may be "retired" until I rework them. One or two actually make me cringe a bit when I read them now. I guess that's a good sign...it means I've made some progress in my writing since I wrote them. For all the times I was frustrated when certain books were rejected, now I'm kind of glad they were knocked back after all. Funny how that works out.

So, I'll be rearranging things a bit, but I hope to start querying like a mofo soon.

And this has absolutely nothing to do with querying, but Hugh Jackman is hot.

2 comments:

  1. Writing that damn synopsis took a lot out of me.

    However, a pleasant side-effect is that it makes editing an entire novel look easy by comparison.

    Also...I LOVE HUGE ACKMAN.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it possible? Does that man get better looking every time I see him?

    Oh, and congrats on the releases.

    ReplyDelete