Monday, April 26, 2010

It's not ADD, its multi-tasking.

I don't know what it is about traveling, but it always gets the gears turning for new stories. En route to Seattle a few months ago, while I was knee-deep in Nine Tenths of the Law, Behind Closed Doors came to me. On this trip, a story that had been quietly percolating for a while came crashing to the surface and ordered me to sit down and take some notes.

So now I have two books demanding attention. Light Switch is almost done, though, which means I will soon have plenty of time to focus on the novella. Don't know how much time I'll have to work while I'm in Seattle, but I will finish Light Switch if it kills me.

Speaking of the novella, thanks to Scarlett's title ninja skills, it now has a title. She'd used it for a previous novel, which has since been trunked, and bequeathed it to me because it fits my book really well. Ironically, she'd mentioned the title in passing a week or so ago, and I loved it because of its simplicity.

So...when I'm finished with Light Switch, I will begin work on...

...Rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment