Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Still muddling through...

Yikes, haven't updated my blog in a few days. Why? Because my brain has been completely and totally occupied by Reconstructing Meredith. No sleeping, no thinking about anything else. Story, story, story. As it stands right now, I'm about 1,500 shy of 30,000 words, plus I need to rewrite a chapter, so I've got a long way to go before the end, but the story is slowly coming together.

I took a little time off last night to watch a movie with Eddie, so that helped clear my head a bit, but today? Back to work.

Even though this book is well past the Milestone of Destinah, I'm still not 100% convinced it's going to fly. While it's along the lines of my usual genre, it's decidedly darker, and deals with some heavy emotional issues. I've debated many, many times whether I can do this story justice. So far it's gotten a thumbs up from the beta readers who've looked over the first couple of chapters (aside from the one that needs a rewrite, per some comments - thanks Steve!), but there's a lot that could still go wrong between now and the end. So...we shall see. This one will definitely need to pass the Second Milestone of Destinah (40,000 words) before I'm even remotely convinced it's safe from the Wangstbasket.

On the bright side, losing sleep and my mind over this book is a welcome distraction from my list of outstanding submissions, which has several "should hear by..." dates looming.

And if that doesn't work, this should settle my nerves a bit:
Ahhhh, yes. Gerard is always good for calming one's nerves.

Now back to wangst- er, work...

No comments:

Post a Comment