Monday, December 19, 2011

Day One: Survived.

So today was the first day of the road trip to Nebraska, and so far, so good. No snow, no ice, no cops...knock on wood.

Those who have been following my blog for a while are likely familiar with the pair of sidekicks accompanying me on this trip. The infamous Annie (or Tubby):
(it should be noted she's sleeping on THREE pillows in that picture)

And of course Midget:
As per usual, they both went out to the truck in cages, and as soon as the doors were shut, I let Tubby loose. Midget can't be loose while I'm driving because she freaks out and gets into stuff (and tries to get down by my feet). Tubby, however, is a pretty chill passenger, and does considerably less bitching when she's loose.
Plus when Tubby is happy and quiet, so is Midget. On a lengthy car trip, anything that results in quiet cats is okay by me.

And just in case they try to tell anyone they're abused and mistreated, I'd like to point out that this was their lunch:
Abused and mistreated, my ass.

Also, for those who've never traveled with cats, hotels are sometimes prone to charging extra fees -- on top of their pet fees -- if you leave any "pet evidence" behind. Crumbs, food, litter...not to mention the other unsightly and gross things pets can leave behind. Mine are pretty good about not horking or peeing on anything, but crumbs...well...they happen.

PREVENTING MESSES LIKE A BOSS, YO:
So then of course I also put my comforter over the bed to prevent incriminating cat hair from materializing on the hotel's sheets. And what does Tubby do? Burrow under the comforter. *sigh*

Oh well. We're all safe and relaxing in this very nice little hotel in Medford, and my bacon-fed world-traveled cats seem to have forgotten about the day's trauma:
There is something to be said for pets with the memory of a goldfish, I'm telling you.

Tomorrow, on to California...

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Sounds like your comforter trick is just as successful as my towels protecting the couch and chairs trick.

    Also, you're lucky about their memories. Chaos holds a grudge... :(

    ReplyDelete