Friday, August 22, 2008

Another packout completed.

Today, they came and took most of my useful belongings, leaving me in a very empty house with some plasticware, paper plates, and a ratty couch. I'm surrounded by blank walls which, not surprising to those of you who know me, drives me absolutely batty. It'll be even worse once they're all WHITE. Thankfully, I still have my laptop, which will be flying with me to Okinawa. The cats are less than thrilled, but seem to be entertaining themselves with a bottlecap they found on the floor. Oh, to be so easily amused.

I wish I had a video camera when the movers arrived, though. Here's the thing: I have a little concrete statue of a cat that usually sits out on my porch. It's just about life-sized, and the kitty is looking up through a pair of binoculars. He's looking up at about a 45 degree angle.

Last night, while finishing a few last minute things, I stuck the kitty statue in Eddie's office. I didn't really think about it, I just kinda stuck it inside the room. It turns out that when you enter the room, the statue is about 3 feet in front of you, looking to your upper right (which is currently a blank wall).

The funny part? Every one of the movers walked into the room, looked at the kitty (which you had to do to keep from tripping over it), then looked to their upper right.

I'm half-tempted to stick that thing out in the middle of a park or something, then post a hidden camera to see how many people follow the kitty's gaze.

Maybe you had to be there. But trust me...it was funny. The funniest part was that they didn't even realize what they were doing.

So now begins the fun part: fixing up the house so that it can be rented out. I foresee many long days ahead with a paintbrush, hammer, or screwdriver in my hand.

3 comments:

  1. I love doing that in random places. I look up at the sky at nothing and see how many people follow my gaze.

    Or when I'm at a bus stop, I suddenly jump up and laugh at all the old ladies who say, "Bus!" and grab their shopping bags, when there's no bus in sight.

    But then I AM weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do that too. But a STATUE???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the statue is inhabited by the spirit of Wack.

    All must do its bidding.

    ReplyDelete