Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So...Tired...Of...Moving...

Tomorrow, the first wave of movers come to take our stuff that's going to storage. I've finally gotten it all separated out, just a few more things to tidy up, and it'll be ready for them to TAKE AWAY. That'll make it a hell of a lot easier to work on the house, too, since the vast majority of our stuff will be gone.

I'm really done with the whole thing. Having Eddie gone while I'm trying to get all of this crap done sucks...it would be SO much easier with another pair of hands.

Yesterday, I bug-bombed the house (fucking Palmetto Bugs...DIE!!!), which meant taking all 5 cats for a 2.5 hour car ride. They were most impressed. NOT. At least no one seemed to get carsick, which is promising for the 5 day trip across the country. They spent the rest of the afternoon glaring at me and acting traumatized, but they must've forgiven me around bedtime, because they all came bounding onto the bed, purring and cuddling.

I guess it turned out to be a blessing in disguise when I left my job early. I honestly don't know how I would have pulled off as much as I have if I'd still been working 50+ hours a week. There just weren't enough hours in the day; even without working, I am still rushing to get stuff done at the last minute (hey, gotta take an internet break every now and then).

I'm not looking forward to leaving our friends behind, and it breaks my heart to leave 2 of the cats with my folks, but I must say I am SO looking forward to this whole thing being over. I really want to get to Okinawa anyway, but I just want this move to be over. What a royal pain in the ass. Just when I think I'm getting somewhere, I realize I have 10 more things to do that I hadn't noticed before. *sigh* I really don't know how all these military moms pull it off...it's enough stress WITHOUT kids.

Ah well. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and that light is in the Land of the Rising Sun. Only 2 months and some change, and we'll be done.

And if the kitties think a 2.5 hour car trip was traumatic, wait'll they see what happens in October...especially the two that are flying to Japan...

No comments:

Post a Comment