Sunday, February 15, 2009

Writing Update

Surprisingly enough, I did get a fair amount of work done during my trip to Seattle, and I've made some significant changes to a couple of my books. So here's the lowdown for those who might be curious (all two of you):
  1. Playing With Fire - Still waiting on a contract. These things take time, so I'm not too concerned.
  2. Camera Shy - Still discussing some possible changes with the editor. Very much up in the air, but worst case scenario is that I walk away with an improved novel (thanks to the suggested revisions) and submit it elsewhere.
  3. The Wedding Photographer - In short, it blows. I usually revise my drafts, but this one is going to be completely rewritten. I like the story, I like the characters, but it's one melodramatic death scene away from being as poorly executed as Alexander. And if you know how much I loathe that movie, you'll understand just how badly TWP needs a serious overhaul. So, I shall commence rewriting TWP from scratch after I finish Between Brothers and All The King's Horses. Speaking of which...
  4. Between Brothers - Sort of back-burnered while I work on some issues with Camera Shy, but I am still plucking away at it a little at a time. I'm happy with how the story is going, but it's not going to be finished overnight because I just have too much on my plate right now. (Calm down, Ms Papercuts, it will be done!)
  5. All The King's Horses - Had a major epiphany while flying somewhere over the Pacific and realized what was bugging me about it. In short: Everything. So I'm shit-canning what I've already written and starting over with a totally new outline - the story is still fairly similar to what it was in the beginning, but I've made some significant changes.
There. You are now enlightened as to the status of my current writing projects.

In other news, I have posting privileges on Ms Papercuts' blog now, so be sure to give it a look once in a while. She's given me carte blanche to rant, ramble, and generally cause trouble. Enjoy! :D

3 comments:

  1. It's not A.D.D.

    It's multi-tasking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WAS only going to leave you in charge of my blog while I slept off that shitstorm of a telling off I got from She-Who-Hates-Me-Cause-I'm-A-Moar-Emo-Writar than her, but I figure...if you're gonna plaster my blog with photos of hot men, you can keep your posting privileges as far as I'm concerned.

    Nearly finished watching Season 1 of TEH CHOODURS so you might want to blogrape me with pix of JRM.

    Finally, regarding BB - GERRONWI' GERRIN' IT WRIT!!! *hitlerface*

    ReplyDelete