Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ahhh, I needed that.

My first 5,000 word day since I left Okinawa. Man, I needed that. Feels good to be getting back in the groove, that's for sure. Nine Tenths of the Law is now sitting at a hair past 23,000, and my overall word count is creeping towards 652,000.

Now, the question is, when will the next 5,000 word day be? The answer is...uh...I don't know. Tomorrow, we're hoping to catch a flight out of here, and if things go according to plan, we could be bouncing all over the Pacific for the next few days. And I do mean all over the Pacific.

So, between jetlag, sleeping on planes and in airports, dealing with the general headache of traveling via military flights, my writing time will be sporadic at best. With any luck, I'll be back in Okinawa towards the middle of next week, and hopefully I'll be over the jetlag in fairly short order.

Nine Tenths of the Law won't be finished in August as I'd originally hoped, but hey, I'll take it. After that, I'm planning to work on Closer and Under My Skin, probably finishing one in September and one in October, which will bring me right up to November which is, of course, NaNoWriMo. I think I've settled on a story for NaNo - tentatively titled Kick - but who knows what will work its way into my strange little brain between now and then? I may even shoot for two or even three books for NaNo...not sure yet.

Either way, progress is progressing, travel is hopefully happening, and I am now going to sleep before my eyeballs melt out of my head.

1 comment:

  1. ZOMG! Only 23k! You are made of fail and should probably give up writing this very minute!

    Except...don't.

    I'm enjoying being ahead of you on word count for the first time in my life, but then, you write eleventy billion books in the time I take to write one, so...*sigh*

    I'll get back to Plus One while I wait for you to PWN your MCs in 9/10 again.

    ReplyDelete