Thursday, October 29, 2009

48 Hours To Go on the West Side, Yo

For those of us on the west side of the International Date Line - also known as "the cool kids" - NaNoWriMo is a little over 48 hours away The rest of you will just have to wait a little longer to get started. Sorry, we can't all be superstars. *flashes West Side gang signs at my homies on this side of the line*

Anyway, I've blogged at length in the past about the benefits of NaNoWriMo, so I don't need to repeat all of that here. If you're considering entering, there is still time, and you have nothing to lose. I can't recommend it enough, especially if you're a procrastinator like me. NaNoWriMo gave me the kick in the butt and the discipline to write every day. Do it. You know you want to.

I'm still debating exactly what I'm going to do to make NaNo a challenge this year. I've pretty much settled into a routine of 80,000 words or so a month, so 50,000 isn't that big of a deal. We'll see how World Enough and Time goes, then I may shoot for a total of 100,000 or more.

Speaking of World Enough and Time, I'm itching to start. Really excited about this book, particularly my male main character. This story is an erotic romance (I KNOW! OH MY GOD! SHOCKING!) about a cunning linguist and a dressage trainer. Yes, I'm serious.

This has also been my longest continuous period of not writing since last October. I finished The Distance Between Us on October 18 and haven't written since because I'm waiting until NaNo to start on this new project. *scream* C'mon, November 1st!! Hurry up and get here so I can start writing again!

Fortunately, my obsessive nail-biting about starting this new book has cut down (though not significantly) on my obsessive nail-biting about my outstanding queries. I currently have 40 outstanding queries for a total of 7 books, including full manuscripts for 4 books on editors' desks. Me? Obsess? Never...

Anyway. Just about 48 hours to go for all of us cool kids. *flashes gang signs* Just two days, yo, then it be NaNoWrizzle Fo'Shizzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment