Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Lesson in "It Never Hurts to Ask".

So I submitted Breaking the Rules to an editor a few weeks ago. She e-mailed me back and said that while the writing was strong, she just wasn't into the story...but she'd like to see more of my work.

So I subbed With The Band.

Again, the writing was strong, story wasn't quite her cup of tea. Then came the fateful offhand comment that her interest lies mostly in paranormal and M/M.

M/M, you say?

Sooooooooo I said, "Well, I do have a M/M manuscript that I just finished, would you like to see it?"

And that, my loyal blog minions...

Is how...

Nine Tenths of the Law was contracted.

So...

If I may...

*takes deep breath*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!1!!!!1!!one!!!!!

If an editor leaves a door open, my friends, don't let it close!!!

Oh, and I would be remiss if I failed to mention that Scarlett put the idea for Nine Tenths of the Law into my brain and bestowed its title upon it. Once again, I'm forever in her debt. (And seriously terrified of the day she decides to cash in all of those debts...)

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're spreading filth all over the known universe. I hope you're proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...since it never hurts to ask: Which publishing house is this editor under? I've been name searching for someone whose interests were in the same line for one of my finished manuscripts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reena - As soon as everything is signed and finalized, I'll post that info...I just don't like to publicize it until it's all squared away. :) But keep an eye on my blog, it'll probably be posted here fairly soon.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lori ^_^ I understand entirely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reena - I forgot to follow up on this...now that it's all signed: The publishing house is Samhain Publishing. :)

    Lori

    ReplyDelete