Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hitting that wall again...

Gotta love it. I've hit the wall with Behind Closed Doors. Not the "OMG, this sucks, I can't finish it", but the "for the love of God, am I done yet??" wall. Always happens, nothing to worry about.

And of course, it doesn't help that I'm already distracted by a new project. After a conversation with the editor that picked up Nine Tenths of the Law, I got an idea for something else. I indulged in a little outlining and note-scribbling yesterday, and now have what I think is a viable story. Thanks to Scarlett, this new brainsplurt is now called The Devil You Know. The woman is seriously the title ninja.

So, now I get to shuffle my schedule around, bumping Closer (again) and Flight of the Rail. I still need to do research for Flight of the Rail anyway, but so help me God, I will get to Closer before the year is out.

But first, I have to finish Behind Closed Doors. I've definitely reached the point of "just write it, it can always be revised later", which usually happens towards the last few thousand words of a given first draft. Hey, that's the whole purpose of a first draft: Just get it on paper, anything that's written can be revised. And the sooner it's written, the sooner I can work on The Devil You Know...

Didn't I have this same conversation with myself before I started Behind Closed Doors? Yes, I did, and I will likely do it again before The Devil You Know is finished.

Me?

Crazy?

Never...

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I know that feeling... :)

    Good luck with finishing the draft, and I can't wait to see the new project. ;-)

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quitcher bitchin' and gerronwi' gerrin' it writ!

    Just, you know...as soon as circumstances allow.

    *wink*

    ReplyDelete