Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Random Updates

In addition to working on Cover Me (which is now past 40,000, thankyouverymuch), I've had a lot going on with my contracted books. Some of this stuff is tedious as hell, but it's exciting in its own right because it gets me closer to that coveted RELEASE DATE.

First round edits are done for both Nine Tenths of the Law and The Next Move. The former is scheduled for release in May, the latter will probably be out in February or March. I don't have an exact release date yet. Today, I did the info for the back cover blurb for The Distance Between Us, which is due out in August. Hopefully there will be some cover art coming my way soon. That still gets me stupidly giddy, and you better believe I'll be posting it here as soon as I am able. One of my publishers doesn't allow me to post cover art until the book is just about to be released, so expect a blog entry or two containing "SQUEEE!! I has cover art! But I can't show you."

So that's the lowdown on the books coming out this year. In the meantime, I've continued tweaking the outline for Cover Me even as I'm writing it. A few chapters have been deleted, combined, etc., mostly depending on what happens in the other chapters as I write them. Strangely enough, I've been writing this book more or less in sequence, with chapters 1-8 being written *gasp* in order. Course, I've also finished chapters 23 and 46, and started about 9 others, but still....8 consecutive chapters? Finished this early in the game? That has to be some kind of record. (Seriously.)

Anyway, it's turned into a characterocracy already. The boys keep throwing me curves and revealing things I wasn't aware of, which is always fun. Also, I mentioned a few days ago that I've noticed a shift in my writing style. I think I'm settling into that new style now because it's coming easier and feels more "me". I also think some of the changes to my style can be blamed on Kuwisdelu...his writing style is infecting mine. Considering I love his style, well, I'm not bitching.

Cover Me is past the Second Milestone of Destinah, so I *think* it'll hold its own from here, but you never know. Scarlett and Kuwisdelu have both given their approval and authorized me to continue writing it (well, Scarlett's the only one with that kind of authoritah...but don't tell Kuwisdelu), so I will do so. Next stop? 50,000.

2 comments:

  1. You praise me only to kill my dreams of having authority over you in the next paragraph?

    Oh well My authority comes after your subconscious instead. You don't know I'm controlling you until it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pfft.

    I has authoritah and you WILL respect it!

    ReplyDelete