Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Edits and deadlines and orders, oh my!

I kinda knew this would happen, and boy did it ever. Between March and May, I have five books and a short story due out. This is, of course, a good thing, but it also means a lot of paperwork and a lot of edits...most of which ends up being due around the same time. Bad thing? Not in the least. Just means your humble blogger is going to be busy as fuck for a week or two. :D

So, while I'm up to my ears in edits and such, expect a few frazzled, semi-lucid blog entries. Probably copious amounts of mancandy, too, since hours on end of staring at MS Word Track Changes tends to leave me in a state of drooling incoherence, rendering me unable to compile a blog entry more complex than a series of pictures of sexy men.

I'm really excited about the coming months, too. Between now and the end of May, the following will be available:

As L. A. Witt:
  • With the Band, Loose Id, LLC (March)
  • Getting off the Ground, Amber Quill Press (April)
  • A.J.'s Angel, Samhain (May)
As Lauren Gallagher:
  • Reconstructing Meredith, Carnal Passions (March)
  • Damaged Goods, Loose Id, LLC (April)
  • Denied (short story), Evernight Publishing (May)
Some of these are among my favorite stories, so waiting for them to come out is like waiting for Christmas morning.

And of course, amidst all the edits and such, there will be cover art. Lots and lots of glorious cover art. I've already received one cover for the above listed books, but I can't post it just yet. Soon, my loyal blog minions. Soon.

So, yeah, it's going to be a busy couple of weeks, and most of February will probably be spent biting my nails down to bloody nubs in between squeeing over cover art. Have I mentioned lately that I love this job?

And if that's not enough excitement, my husband's orders to Okinawa end in November, which means he'll begin negotiating new orders in February. We've been looking at possible orders, making a list of our preferences, and crossing our fingers for an additional overseas tour. We should know sometime in March where we'll be headed, and we'll most likely be leaving Okinawa (*sniff*) in November.

So, stay tuned for updates, cover art, and loads of mancandy when I'm not coherent enough to post a normal blog entry.

Or just when I feel like posting mancandy.

Like, say, now:
James Purefoy with a gun. Hellz yeah.

3 comments:

  1. Squee!! With the Band is coming soon! That is exciting. Anyways...good luck. ^_^

    ~Lia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know, I'm excited about that one! :D Should have edits for it any day now. And OMG I can't wait to see the cover...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, look at that list of filth. Rawr.

    ReplyDelete